Tell Us About You Tuesday

I'm linking up with Freebielicious this week for a fun linky party!  Today is Tell Us About You Tuesday!

So, here are a few things about me...

Family:  I'm happily married to my husband, David.  We both grew up in California, but moved to Indiana 11 years ago.

I have 2 juniors:  My son, Matt, will be a junior in college this year and my daughter, Julia, will be a junior in high school.



Pets:  I have 2 doggies.  Sugar is probably about 14-15 years old, we think.  When we rescued her the vet thought she might be about 2-3 years old, so we really don't know her exact age.  She is super sweet, very loyal, never causes any problems.  The only thing is, she is very afraid of strangers, and more specifically, men.  She's even afraid of my husband most times, although she runs to him for comfort during storms.  She's a bit odd that way.


Our other doggie is Bentley.  Our son talked us into getting a puppy - you know, the 'ole this is my last chance to have a puppy bit - and then he promptly left for college.  Good thing we adore Bentley.  All of us do.  He is super sweet and so much fun.  Loads of personality, can you tell?


Teaching:  I'm a second career teacher.  If you would have asked me when I was little what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would have said teacher.  You know, I used to play school with my dolls and stuffed animals as students.  But, somehow, this desire got lost in high school and I went a different route.  Later in life, after my kids were both in elementary school, I began to feel the tug again towards being a teacher.  So, I went back to school and got my degree.  This will be my 5th year in the classroom - all in 1st grade - and I love, love, love it!  I'm living my dream!

Hobbies/Interests:
Camping - we own an RV and like to go at least a few times a year, whenever we can manage to get away.

Stamping - I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 15 years.  I began teaching rubber stamping as a stay-at-home mom and had a successful business doing that.  I gave it up this year, just couldn't manage another thing in my life anymore.  You know?  But, I have a huge craft room in my basement that I like to escape to when I'm feeling creative!


Blogging/TPT - I used to have a stamping blog, so blogging is not new to me.  However, this blog is!  I'm loving being able to have a creative outlet in the world of teaching through blogging and creating things for TPT.

So, that's a little snippet of me!  Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment