Prepping for Birthdays!

I just finished prepping birthday balloon Krazy Straws for my incoming students.  I shared last summer how I celebrate birthdays in my classroom.  {You can read about it here.}

The balloons are blackline printables {available in my TPT shop} that can be printed onto any color paper or card stock you choose.  So, if your color scheme is bright pink and aqua, simply print them on that color paper.  Or, if you want to match them up to other birthday surprises you bought (for instance, I have rainbow colored bracelets I give out), you can use paper to coordinate. 



I have two patterns available, Stripes and Polka Dots.
Birthday Set - Blackline Stripes      Birthday Set - Blackline Polka Dot

Simply print on paper and laminate.  Alternatively, you could print onto card stock and then you may not need to laminate.

Cut the balloons out.  I will share a fantastic tip I learned when I taught paper crafting and card making classes:  When you cut around outline images, leave a border.  Do NOT cut on the black outline.  When you cut on the outline, you will have a difficult time getting it perfect.  At least, the perfectionist in me was never satisfied with it - I either cut too wide or too narrow.  And, as a busy teacher, I don't have time for that kind of perfection for something like this.  It's much easier, and quicker, to cut by leaving a border.

I leave about 1/8" space around the border.  When you do it this way, you will not notice any imperfections in your cutting.


After cutting, just add a couple pieces of Scotch tape or washi tape to the back side to add the Krazy Straws.  I purchase the Krazy Straws from my local Dollar Tree. 

I display the birthday balloon Krazy Straws in a small glass vase.  My kids eye them all year and can't wait until it's their birthday so they can pick one out!

Thanks for checking them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment