Whiteboard Makeover

I'm on a mission to make my classroom more Reggio-inspired.  {More about that here.}

The other day, I went in to my classroom to drop off a few things.  One of them was this Duck Tape I found that looks like burlap.  Burlap!!
I couldn't resist ripping the old Duck Tape down immediately and replacing it on the spot.  "I'm just going to school to drop off a few things", I told my husband.  "I'll be right back", I said.  Yeah, right!  Sucked in again.





The reason this tape is up here to begin with has to do with my classroom projector / Apple TV.  You see, my white board actually has lines all the way across the entire board.  When we got our new Apple TV's installed a few years back, we wanted to be able to project it on the white board, rather than on a projector screen.  That way we could write on the board while projecting.  Problem was, those pesky lines were annoying.  Annoying!

So, our trusty custodians came to the rescue, ordered a large white board, and taped it to the center of the existing board with white Duck Tape.  Which was fine.  It was fine until I used it for a few years and it got all disgusting from dry erase markers.  And started to peel.



Anywho, since I'm trying to "go neutral" with my color scheme for next year, I found this burlap Duck Tape to replace it with.




I love the way it turned out.  Yep, it doesn't take much to make me happy. 

And now, I'm wanting to find other places in my classroom to use this awesome burlap tape on.  Any ideas??  Hmmm??

No comments:

Post a Comment