Sight Words Reference Books

I loved it this week when the little guy I'm tutoring this summer asked if I could pull out a Super Words reference book (Sight Words Books) so that he could look up how to spell a word.

He was working on a non-fiction book about Great White Sharks and knew that the word 'white' was one of the sight words we learned this past year.  Win!!

I printed these Sight Words Books two years ago and they have survived at least 50 little hands using them.  They are super simple to print out.  I chose to print my covers on red paper to match my classroom décor and I laminated them for extra durability.

I do plan to prep some replacement copies this summer as some of my students have underlined words or accidentally written in them as they've been using them.  But, otherwise they have held up nicely.

I print out enough copies for every student, plus a few extra.  These get placed at tables around the room and at my writing center.  What I love most about these handy reference books is that they have replaced the need for a word wall and, even better, my students have access to all 220 Dolch sight words right from the very first day of school.  Read more about that here

Sight Words Books are only $2.50, easy to prep, and are available in my TPT shop.  I hope you and your students love using them as much as we do!

Also available as part of these two bundles:

No comments:

Post a Comment