Mother's Day Project

There are so many great ideas out there for Mothers Day, so I combined a few and came up with this!


These were fairly simple to create.  First, take a brown paper bag and fold it in half.  I stapled the edge to make a "binding". I've seen many paper bag books with ribbon tied to create the binding; however, I went simple!  Then, I found the pages for kids to decorate from The Memorable Teacher.  It was a FREEBIE!  Woot!



I chose 4 pages from the packet and pre-cut the squares out.  Students wrote and colored and used glue sticks to adhere them.  This created the front and back covers and inside.


I chose to keep the opening of the bag toward the bottom of the booklet.  We created a fun picture card to insert into the bag opening.  We took pictures of the kids outside, edited them, then attached to card stock.  I cut out circles with a circle punch to create the little tab to pull the picture out of the slot.  This creates a fun little surprise for mom to find!



Now, on to the keychains.  Aren't these adorable?!  I got this idea from Simply Kinder.  They are created with Shrinky Dink sheets and Sharpie markers!  It took me a little while to perfect cooking them, but after I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy.  Hint:  The shorter the length, the better, as they will curl up in the oven and begin to stick together.

Make these shrink film keepsake keychains with your students using Shrinky-Dink paper! We share how on Simply Kinder.

I used a small circle punch in the corner of the bag book and looped ball chain through.  I opted to use ball chain instead of the keychains shown above.  I knew I wanted to attach them to the bag books.  I ordered these on Amazon in 3" length.


Voila!  I think our moms are going to love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment