Parent Gifts

We completed our gifts for parents today!  This is the first year that I've made these cute little snowman votives and I LOVE the way they turned out!  Each snowman has its own little personality.
I found the votives for just 77 cents at WalMart.  Before we began this project, I used a blue sharpie to write each student's name and the year on each votive.

To make these, I poured a little white craft paint on a paper plate.  You can get this at WalMart.  Students used their thumb to make two thumbprints for the snowman.  We let these dry overnight.
 The next day, we used these painters pens to paint on the eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, and stick arms.  These were extremely easy to use, just make sure you explain to the kids that it is paint and not to smear it.  We didn't have any mistakes at all... a very simple project for my 1st graders.
I picked up these painters at WalMart when I got the votives.  I think they were like $1.96 each and they come in lots of colors.

That's it!  We let those dry, put in a tealight candle, and they were ready to wrap.
To wrap these, we colored white paper bags to look like snowmen.  Want to take a guess where I picked up the white paper bags?  You guessed it... WalMart.  One stop shopping for this project, people!

Beforehand, I cut out the corners from the bags so that the top could be colored like a hat.  Then, the kids got creative in coloring them and wrote their "To" and "From" on the other side.

We wrapped our votives in tissue paper, put them in the bags, and that's it.  Done and done!

I will definitely be replicating this little gift next year.  Probably the cutest, fastest, easiest gift I've done with my kiddos to date.

I hope you can use this idea, if not this year, then someday!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment